When I decided to switch this blog over to blogspot, I forgot one very important detail: China censors blogs. There's a somewhat incoherent story about it here: http://www.shanghaiist.com/archives/2007/03/21/among_others_bl.php at the Shanghaiist.
Blogspot hasn't given in to Chinese censorship the way google and msn spaces and a variety of others have. At least, not yet. Until then, it's blocked.
So, I'm working to solve this problem through the use of proxy servers of which I know nothing. Anyone who reads this blog on facebook need not worry, facebook isn't blocked in China. My blog can be accessed using this link: http://www.boxofprox.com and then putting sunfeoc.blogspot.com in the search field. Unfortunately, this does not yield a way for me to actually update my blog. So, I have to go do some learning/consulting with Randall and hopefully, I can find a way to make this work.
If all of that fails, I might have to revert to my msn space again which would not be fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment