Anyway, just a little update. To all those people who are coming with me (ie Randall) - get your damn photos taken! Alex is going to Toronto for the visas on Tuesday. Assuming all goes well I should have my visa next Friday. I already have my tickets - I bought them way early 'cause I got a really good deal - $750 CAD round trip plus tax.
I will be taking my laptop with me and will be updating this blog when I actually have something interesting to say. I will probably have some relevant pictures to post too. I'll probably just go ahead and rent an apartment. It'd probably be easier than relying on a school to find one for me. If I do end up getting a job with a housing allowance, I'll just put it toward the apartment. I have to get in touch with my China people and figure things out. I'm sure something will work out. I may not get the best job, but there's always a job for a native english speaker in China.
I also have to figure out what I'm going to see. I know I'd like to get to Beijing again. Randall and Alex haven't been and I'm sure they want to see the wall. That's going to b a challenge in the summer. I went in March when it was still cold and snowing and I just about died climbing all the way up the wall. I can't imagine how bad it's going to be doing it in the summer sun. Ick. Oh well, at least I won't be the only one doing it. I've included a teaser photo here.
This is taken from the top of the mountain looking down. Yes, I cimbed up to the top. It took like three hours and I couldn't walk for two days, but it was worth it. It was also hugely dangerous as the last leg of the path up was in pretty bad condition and you'll notice that despite the fact that 1.6 billion people live in this country, I am completely alone.The rest of the pictures in this album are on my msn space. I also have many other pictures from Beijing and other places in China. I am, however, missing some pictures that I never got off Stacey's computer before I left Beijing in March (2006). Regardless, I will take many more in just a few short weeks (about four now).

No comments:
Post a Comment