So, the North American leaders - Bush, Harper and Calderon (from left to right, picture from The Globe and Mail) met in Quebec. At left, we can see them walking. Well, Bush and Harper are walking and Calderon is hurrying to catch up. But it seems something is amiss. Can you spot what's wrong with this picture?If you guessed musical suit jackets, you'd be right. As you can see, Mr. Bush is wearing black/navy pants and a grey jacket that appears a little short. Mr. Harper is wearing tan pants and a black/navy suit jacket that is about three inches too tight and also too short. Finally Senor Calderon is wearing grey pants and a large tan jacket that he is swimming in. I'm assuming that this was intentional since these men have people whose job it is to make sure that tan grey and black/navy are never combined. Ever.
Thinking myself very clever at having noticed this, I went straight to blogging. Then, mid-blog, thinking myself perhaps less clever and fearing reprisal from all the people who do not comment on my blog for having pointed out something obvious, I googled it.
Here's what I came up with: nothing.
I'm amazed that the three leaders would do something so obnoxious without trying to take some credit for it. Some sign of solidarity? Practical joke? Spontaneous colour blindness? General stupidity?
Ideas anyone?

No comments:
Post a Comment