February 17
decisions re: blog
Ok, so no actual decisions have been made in this respect.
Vicki made me a facebook account and I am totally addicted but it's not appropriate for blogging, though I may link to it through facebook. I haven't decided whether or not to transfer to blogspot and close this thing or what to do. Blogspot is better for design but shitty for pics. Facebook is good for picsand shitty for blogging. And i"m exhausted and should totally be writing an essay right now.
It's reading week (coincidentally occuring at the same time as Spring Festival) so I'll have some time to decide.
I'm still waiting to hear about Poland. It's getting really close to course selection and I'm worried that I haven't been accepted. People keep assuring me that there's no way I'll be denied but I'm feeling skeptical. It's just a big thing and some planning would be nice. Not that it takes a lot of notice for me to pacl up and leave the country, but it involves my education. One of these days I'd like to finish my BA.
Anyway, looking at going back to China in about May, assuming things go as planned. A couple of issues there that I have to figure out. The first is the ticket. Prices are not looking happy these days, so I'll have to look into that. The second problem is that I'll need a summer contract somewhere. I suppose I sould talk to friends I know there and find out who's looking for summer help. The third issue is that I hear the Chinese gov't is cracking down on teaching without a degree. I do have my TESOL cert though. So I'll have to see if that is sufficient.
More on this as information becomes available. Until then, let me know if you come across some cheap air tickets.
10:43 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment