Thursday, July 19, 2007

lama lama lama...

I love the Globe and Mail - because they have pictures like this. What would we do without pictures of the Dalai Lama's nose hair? I mean, really...

I had a salon class last week about life philosophy. I asked them to tell me things in life that were very important and then rate them. Number one on the lists was either 'love' or 'life'. When asked whether by life they meant cellular respiration or sentience, they replied the former, so thinking clearly wasn't that important. Number two was 'health' or 'luck'. I thought that was interesting. Their reasoning is that you can't have anything without luck. 'Freedom' was number ten on every list, despite 'job' and 'knowledge' being around the middle of the list. My class had seven girls and one guy. I explained that having a job and going to school are freedoms. They explained that by freedom, they meant being out of the house...

Randall is back in Canada now. I'm feeling a little gu dan de.

After I left Randall at the airport I met Angie for dinner and some guangjie (window shopping) before I headed back to Wuxi. We went to Windows Scoreboard, one of the Windows bars in Shanghai. I had an awesome grilled cheese sandwich and soup for supercheap compared to what western food sells for in Wuxi. Almost made me miserably cold all better. Then I took the train home with hundreds of other people and felt shitty again. I did have a seat. The train left ten minutes early. It really confused me. But, Shanghai is still hen awesome de. Must return.

No comments:

Post a Comment